Did you stopped over in Kalibo, Aklan before going to Boracay? Fill your hunger and explore nearby restaurants for some casual dining.
Mabini St. Branch
014G Mabini St., Kalibo
(+63 36) 268-7303
- Tricycle drivers are familiar with this place. I previously visited the place at Toting Reyes St. Kalibo, Aklan along RC Marketing and Novotel but there are two other branches in Mabini, Aklan. Check maps here.
- serves dinner, open only at night
- you can choose fresh meat / fish and they’ll grill it for you
Ambiance: relaxed and conducive for casual chats, intimate lighting, no loud music but TV’s open for viewing of local shows; with free wi-fi.
Must try: their buko juice and mango shake! And sinigang na hipon!
Pricing: affordable. They have value meals: grilled chicken/fish.
Buko (coconut) juice, mango shake, chicken inasal, pork barbecue and ensaladang talong. Everything we ordered costs us about P300 only. We were filled and satisfied after a long travel.
- Food and service here is good, it was recommended by a friend who resides in Kalibo.
- They serve fresh (and huge) seafood!
Ambiance: conducive for meetings and get-together. They have plenty of space for customers including a function room.
Must try: their oyster soup!
Pricing: Affordable. Aside from seafood, they have meat with rates at about P100-200per gram
Now this is what I mean when I say HUGE fish! I’m holding a jumbo maya-maya.
Kusina Kanami, Bulaluhan Restaurant
- located at Toting Reyes St. Kalibo, Aklan aong RC Marketing and Novotel
- serves breakfast, snacks, value meal, seafood and vegetables
- open 9am to 930 Monday to Saturday; Sunday at 5-930pm
- Tel.No. 036-5007843. They can accommodate delivery to nearby hotels.
Ambiance: intimate and relaxed, with free wi-fi
Must try: their chopsuey! The best I’ve tasted so far.
Pricing: affordable, they have combo meals starting at P55
Chicken Inasal is at P155 good for 4 persons and Sinigang na hipon is at P215 for 4 persons when we last went there. Everything we ate tasted was delicious!
- This is also located at Toting Reyes Street beside RML
- Ramboy’s is famous in Kalibo for their Lechon Manok. You’ll see franchises in many streets.
- They have a wide variety of menu.
Ambiance: This is a small place with only 20 seating capacity. Most of the time occupied during lunch time.
Must try: their lechon manok (at P180 good for 4 persons) and liempo (at P230 for 4 persons)